08 Dec Retinol rejuvenates | Marija Butković recommends
Retinol rejuvenates skin! The main hit of the beauty industry is unquestionably retinol. This powerful ingredient is actually vitamin A and has many quality effects on the skin. It’s task is to stimulate skin cells and activate them to regenerate sooner, creating new skin cells. As such, retinol rejuvenates the skin, reduce existing wrinkles, shrink pores, help with acne and hyperpigmentation.
However, due to its strength, retinol needs to be introduced step by step into the exclusively night routine and be careful with which ingredients we pair it with. It can cause hypersensitivity leading to redness, allergies and flaking of the skin, but side effects can be alleviated just as quickly by reducing the use of the product. If you use acids like AHA and BHA, retinol will complement them perfectly as they remove dead cells on the surface of the skin and improve the damage done by the sun, while retinol works deeper. However, be sure to initially use them on different days while the skin is getting used to the product.
Retinol rejuvenates, but know to use it?
Before serum or retinol cream, facial cleansing should be performed. Apply a tonic and / or exfoliant, followed by retinol moisturizer. Oil also works. It is extremely important to use a product with a sun protection factor of 30 or more every morning, after applying retinol. Retinol makes the skin sensitive to the sun, and works great with ingredients rich in antioxidants. It also works very well with those who work on restoring and strengthening the skin barrier, such as niacinamide and hyaluronic acid.
What products Marija recommends?
- ZO Skin Health Exfoliating Polish – daily mechanical exfoliation
- ZO Skin Health Ossential Advanced Radical Night Repair Anti-Aging Formula – Rich Night Serum
- ZO Skin Health Exfoliating Cleanser – exfoliating facial cleanser
What you need to know about retinol?
- What retinol does – it stimulates the production of elastin and collagen.
- The best age to start – is 25 years (when the production of elastin begins to slow down).
- Signs that it’s time to start with retinol – when you start to see dynamic wrinkles, or lines that are obtained when muscles contract.